What does it mean to have a home fire escape plan?
- Plan two ways to escape from each room.
- Pick a place to meet after you escape to make sure that everyone got out.
- Plan for everyone in your home – including those who need help to escape.
- Involve children in making and practicing your escape plan.
- Teach children to never hide during a fire – they must get out and stay out.
- Practice your escape plan every month.
For more tips on how to make an escape plan and a blank form to make yours, click here.
Need a larger template? Click here.